Terms and Conditions
The following terminologies; “patient”, “client”, “you”, “your” refers to all who access the website. “We”, “our”, “us” “Surgical Recovery London” refers to Surgical Recovery London Limited.
Surgical Recovery London offers care packages involving a multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals carrying out consultations, reviews, treatments and continuing patient care in the patient’s residence, or a patient’s choice of location, before and after surgery.
I. APPOINTMENTS AND CANCELLATION POLICY
II. CARE PACKAGES
IV. DATA PROTECTION
I. APPOINTMENTS and CANCELLATION POLICY
Surgical Recovery London will send you a reminder of your appointment electronically. Please note that we request 24 hours’ notice for any cancellations or rescheduling of appointments or consultations. This is essential to enable us to provide an excellent level of care to all our patients. It is in the discretion of the individual healthcare professional to discuss any fees or charges incurred for late cancellations.
If you are running late please inform us so that we can inform the practitioner. You might be at risk of losing your appointment or having a compromised consultation or treatment time if you fail to arrive on time. In the event that we need to cancel or postpone your appointment we will let you know as soon as possible.
II. CARE PACKAGES
• The duration of the care in each package is included in the information, it is either 2 weeks, 3 weeks or 8 weeks from the commencement of the care package. This will be agreed with your practitioner during consultation.
• If any extra intervention is introduced by another healthcare professional, outside the Surgical Recovery London team, the package with Surgical Recovery London will be void.
• If the patient is admitted to a hospital the package with Surgical Recovery London will be void and no refunds are awarded.
• The patients sign up voluntarily for the services at Surgical Recovery London.
• If the patient is admitted to a hospital in relation to complications of the surgery/procedure or treatment there will be no refunds of the care package, if it is interrupted. The care will be coordinated between the healthcare professional responsible for the readmission to hospital and the operating surgeon. The care is subject to the discretion of that professional in collaboration with the operating surgeon.
• On accepting the treatment, as a client you are committing to agreeing to follow the aftercare instructions given to you by your practitioner.
• Please note that Surgical Recovery London is not responsible for refunding any treatment fees that results from a client’s non-compliance of following pre and post surgical instructions, i.e. nicotine, alcohol use and to avoid or take specific medications as instructed and failure of following post operative/ post procedural instructions.
At Surgical Recovery London we are committed to provide you with the best treatments possible and practice according to the highest standards of care and customer service. We do recognise that sometimes things may not proceed in the way it should. The best way to address any queries is to contact us directly via email with as much detail as possible; firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our uttermost to resolve the issue in the quickest and most convenient way possible. We listen carefully and respond to complaints swiftly acknowledging any mistakes and rectifying them so that we can make improvements to our service.
If you would like to contact an independent organisation with a concern about the services you have received at Surgical Recovery London, please contact:
– The Independent Sector Complaints Adjudication Service (ISCAS)
The ISCAS patient guide can be found here.
By Post: ISCAS
70 Fleet Street London
Telephone: 020 7536 091
– The Citizens Advice Service
– The Patients Association
– Raising the matter with the Care Quality Commission
IV. DATA PROTECTION
• At Surgical Recovery London we hold personal information about each client which is only available to practitioners working in association with Surgical Recovery London and is treated as confidential and protected according to the Data Protection legislation and GDPR. This enables us to provide our services to our clients. The information we hold includes; demographic data, contact details including email addresses, medical conditions, photographs in relation to the treatments, consultations, reviews and treatment records. The medical records will remain saved for a period of 10 years and serves the purpose to establish or defend a legal claim.
• We might use encrypted emails to report pathology results and inform the treating professional of the necessary medical background and surgery of patients.
• Surgical Recovery London reserve the rights to share client information with regulators and the government on their request should the need occur. We reserve the right to keep your data as described and by you providing us with the information you are giving explicit consent, however you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting Surgical Recovery London. Please note that information that is required to establish or defend a legal claim will be kept by Surgical Recovery London.
• Please be advised that demographic data will be shared with a third party for the purpose of making payments (card machine, till service, bank transfers). No medical information will be shared with these parties. We might share prescription data with pharmacies to obtain specific medication for clients.
• We share anonymized comments and feedback on our website and social media, unless you state otherwise. We will ask for your consent to share any photographs on our website and social media.
• You have the right to ask us to rectify any inaccuracies in your personal information records, you have also the right to request us to delete your personal information if it is no longer necessary based on the reason it was recorded or if you withdraw your consent.
• When you provide information that we are requesting, you are providing explicit consent with the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you would like to do so then please contact us at your convenience. Please be aware that we might have to use any personal data that is required for us to establish or defend a legal claim.
• At any time you have the right to raise concerns or any questions about your personal data, please contact us if you have any queries.
• Surgical Recovery London takes no responsibility for any losses, damage, costs, liabilities and expenses that are acquired by the client. We will not be held responsible for any legal expenses incurred by a client to settle a claim or dispute.
• We ensure professional treatment of our clients in accordance to our standards of practice. Surgical Recovery London takes no responsibility for any liabilities or complaints that are generated about the premises where consultations are held and treatments are performed. By signing a consent form you are accepting having your treatment with the practitioners at the premises that we are suggesting and the charges that the treatment will incur.
• Surgical Recovery London will not be held responsible for any lost personal items you bring to see our practitioners.
We encourage all our clients to leave feedback and would love to hear from you as it will help us improve our services. You can do this by emailing us on email@example.com
• All clients are requested to provide their full name, telephone number and email address to book an appointment.
• Your information will not be shared with third parties without your consent.
At any time you have the right to unsubscribe from our mailing list.
Surgical Recovery London take no responsibility and will not be liable for any economic loss, for any other special, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of, or in connection with, its provision of any goods and/or services to the client. Surgical Recovery London will not be held liable if the correct medical details have not been provided and any damage occurs as a result.
Surgical Recovery London reserves the right to alter the prices of care packages without prior notice. During the consultation with us you will be advised on the cost of the agreed treatment plan.
At Surgical Recovery London you can choose to pay for our care packages and additional services with cash, any major debit or credit card or via bank transfer. Please note that the payment for any surgical treatment will be taken as agreed with your surgeon. The payments for our care packages will be taken 7 days before the commencement of your treatment.
• This concerns all practitioners working at or in association with Surgical Recovery London (surgeons, physicians, nurses, physiotherapists, personal
trainers, Pilates and Yoga instructors, massage specialists, dietitians, recovery coaches, private chauffeurs).All the practitioners are independent
contractors and are not employees of Surgical Recovery London. Therefore Surgical Recovery London will not bear any vicarious liability for any of the practitioners.
• The practitioner is professionally and legally responsible and accountable directly to the patient for all procedures and treatments provided.
• The individual practitioners are solely responsible for providing the patient with clinical information about any suggested treatments and procedures; detailed instructions, outcomes, expectations, possible risks and complications and any limitations.
• Surgical Recovery London can not accept any responsibility or liability for matters within the scope of the professional and/or legal responsibility of the practitioners.
All our practitioners have been carefully selected to work at Surgical Recovery London, with extensive experience in their field of expertise. All our treatments are undertaken in the safest way and we will only use the best products. Our work ethic at Surgical Recovery London is to provide exceptional care. We can however not always guarantee results in strict keeping with your expectations. In this unlikely scenario we do not offer refunds. However we do urge you discuss any concerns you might have.
• The responsibilities and outcomes of each treatment lie with the individual practitioner and not Surgical Recovery London.
• The surgeon will take responsibility of the aftercare and any complications related to the surgery as well, Surgical Recovery London will not be liable for this.
• At the time of this document being produced, May 2021, we do not have our own premises and will either see the patient in the office of the surgeon, via videoconferencing, phone calls or see the patient in their home or at a different preferred location.
• Surgical Recovery London facilitates different services in the form of care packages for patients. We do not take any responsibilities for complications in relation to the surgery, the recovery progress, wound breakdown and infections, any other major health related or surgically related complications, disability and death. The liability lies with the treating practitioner. We will handle any complaints but Surgical Recovery London cannot be held liable for any issues.
• The patients are responsible to carry out and adhere to the aftercare advice given to them by surgeons and healthcare professionals associated with Surgical Recovery London Surgical Recovery London will accept no responsibilities if complications occur as a result of lack of adherence to advice from the associated healthcare professionals or any other complications in relation to the health and surgical treatment of the patient.
• We use IP addresses to analyse the usage of the website and gather broad demographic information. No personally identifiable information is available to us through this usage. The purpose of this is for administration and detection of patterns and troubleshooting. This information is not shared with third parties.
• We would like to occasionally send you details of promotions or offers, please let us know if you rather not receive this information.
• We do our utmost to update the information on this website. The terms and conditions might be reviewed and changed. Please check this page to make sure you are aware of any changes.
• Without the written consent from Surgical Recovery London you may not use any material from the website including publication, exploiting and reproduction. If any breaches are made under these terms and conditions, legal actions might be taken including suspending your access to the website.
Last updated May 2022