In 2019 blepharoplasties were part of the top 5 most popular cosmetic procedures according to the 𝗔𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗦𝗼𝗰𝗶𝗲𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝗣𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗰 𝗦𝘂𝗿𝗴𝗲𝗼𝗻𝘀.
Many will experience several benefits to having an eyelift or browlift, as it can help you look more alert. But it is not purely for cosmetic reasons that this kind of operation can be of assistance and with age, the skin on our upper eyelids can start to become heavy which can hinder our vision.
- Ensure good skincare
- Healthy diet with sufficient hydration
- Stop smoking
- Use SPF
- soften periocular wrinkles
- soften forehead wrinkles
- brow lift Laser treatment
- Upper lid blepharoplasty: this involves removing skin and sometimes fat from the upper eyelid.
- Lower lid blepharoplasty: this will get rid of the bags and wrinkles underneath the eye.
- A browlift involves making incisions above the brow to lift and tighten the skin above the eyes. The incision lines are in the hairline and can leave scars.
- The effect of these surgeries are 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗺𝗮𝗻𝗲𝗻𝘁, however it is important to remember that the ageing process will continue and with age the eyelids might become heavy again.
A 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘀𝘂𝗹𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 with a surgeon is the best way to find out about all your options; surgical and non-surgical, as well as helping you decide which treatment that is best suited to your needs and expectations. Some patients might be considered as too high risk to undergo an operation, therefore preventative measures and the non-surgical options might be better. Our skilful surgeons can help you get the look you are after, email us for a consultation!